Pacific Law Group - Legal TeamPrint this page
Mary-Helen Wright practises law primarily in the areas of personal injury claims, estate disputes, and commercial litigation. She handles large and complex claims and disputes. Over Ms. Wright’s 25 years of experience as a lawyer, she has had multiple successes through negotiations, trials, appeals, mediations, and arbitrations. She is one of only a few lawyers to have the breadth of experience of having been counsel at over 90 trials, on over 70 appeals, and at over 150 mediations. Many of her successes are leading precedents and have been reported in the news and in legal journals. She has authored numerous articles on both substantive and practice topics and has been a guest speaker or instructor at many legal seminars and courses.
- University of Calgary, Economics (Major); Law and Political Science (Minor)
- University of Victoria, LL.B., (1984)
- Numerous Continuing Legal Education Courses and Seminars
Professional Awards and Distinctions
In 2009, Ms. Wright was selected by the Canadian Defence Lawyers to be the annual recipient of the Lee Samis Award of Excellence. This is an annual award that has been bestowed on only seven other lawyers in Canada. It is given in recognition of outstanding skill, accomplishments, services, and contributions to insurance defence law.
In addition, for many years including this year, Ms. Wright has been one of only a small number of lawyers in the Province to be recognized through voting by legal colleagues to be a leading lawyer in the area of personal injury claims in the Lexpert Directory.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association Business of Law Committee
- Canadian Bar Association Automobile Insurance Committee
- Medical/Legal Society of BC
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Defence Research Institute
- CBA subsections: Insurance, Wills and Estates, Class Actions, Business
- Vancouver Port Authority/Community Liason
- 20 year volunteer for Lawyer Referral Service
- Burrardview Community Association volunteer
Before becoming a lawyer, Ms Wright was a certified instructor for several sports, including swimming, backcountry skiing, crosscountry skiing, and whitewater canoeing. She remains an avid outdoor and recreational enthusiast in many sports and enjoys gardening. Ms. Wright is a member of several organizations that are involved in preserving the environment and wilderness habitats and is a long-time supporter of organizations for children in underprivileged countries.